We believe YouCanDoScience can benefit learners at all levels – those who struggle with science can learn at their own pace, while a fast and keen learner can reinforce and test concepts. Invest in your child’s future: Improve his/her comprehension and knowledge of Physical Science.
HOW YOUCANDOSCIENCE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD
- Learners can master physical science at their own pace
- The individual and revision Physical Science lessons are ideal for homeschooling
- This program is ideal for catching up when a child misses school for whatever reason – a child must never fall behind because
- Physical Science is a subject which builds on previous knowledge
- The programme combines seeing and hearing Physical Science
- Learners can pause, rewind and repeat as often as they like to absorb and reinforce important concepts
- Ideal for shy learners who are reluctant to ask questions in class
- Learners can master science with extra classes at home and at any time that suits them
- Learners can revise previous grades’ lessons to fill gaps in their knowledge
- Ideal for learners with full extra-curricular schedules
- All content is authored by experienced Physical Science teachers
- All content is fully aligned with the latest South African curriculum
- The programme covers all work required for Physical Science school examinations
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS PROGRAMME
- Encourage your child to use the programme regularly, and not only before tests and exams – it is better to keep up than to catch up!
- Start using the programme early in the year – do not wait until problems arise
- Take a keen interest in your child’s progress report
- Create a comfortable environment for your child to work in
- Using headphones will ensure better concentration
- Your child must use a pen and a workbook
- With hard work, sufficient time on the program and perseverance, your child will succeed
- You must have a positive attitude toward Physical Science
- Always tell your child that “You Can Do Science!”
- Make sure that your child NEVER falls behind
- If your child does not get it right the first time, it does not mean that he/she cannot do science
- Encourage your child to work through previous years’ Physical Science examination papers to ensure they can complete an exam paper in time
WHY PHYSICAL SCIENCE IS IMPORTANT
- Physical Science is required for many technical and medical jobs
- Understanding the basics of science makes the technologically advancing world less threatening
- Physical Science helps us to reason and think logically
- Success in Physical Science builds confidence
- Physical Science opens doors to broader career choices
WHY LEARNERS SEE PHYSICAL SCIENCE AS A CHALLENGE
- Physical Science builds on previous knowledge, and learners often have gaps in fundamental knowledge
- Learners lack confidence and are sometimes too shy to ask for help
- Large classes make it difficult to give individual attention
- Teachers need to teach at a fast rate to cover the whole curriculum
- Learners fall behind because there is not enough time to absorb and reinforce
- Full extra-curricular schedules make it difficult to fit in scheduled extra classes
- Physical Science extra classes are expensive
WHY THE NAME YOUCANDOSCIENCE?
We have chosen this name because we believe that all people, with the correct teaching, a reasonable amount of effort and a positive attitude, can pass Physical Science.
LET’S LEARN TOGETHER!
LET’S LEARN TOGETHER!
Get anytime access to all our video lessons, notes and tests.